Dry docks are usually uncovered and open to the sky. This is because, covers are assumed to be “not
technically feasible” to be retrofitted due to location of dock cranes (LL& Goliath cranes) and services.
Mobile shelters give shipyards the option of covering the docks without impeding crane operations.
Installation of Shelters increases shipbuilding & ship repair productivity substantially.
At a defense shipyard, installation of these shelters resulted in a reported 30-35% increase in productivity.
Shelters can be fitted on dry docks, floating dry docks, slipways, dry berths, etc.
We are an OEM for Mobile Shelters.
Portable Shelters have an extremely short ROI & payback period for the following reasons:
- Increased shipyard productivity – GRSE have reported substantial productivity increases (up to 35-40%) due to
installation of Shelters.
- Increased worker comfort- temperature reduction in the range of 8-10 degrees.
- Year round working possible during monsoon, summer & winter months.
- Secrecy – satellite look ins not possible.
- Shelters are designed & erected without disrupting yard activities and are customized to fit in extremely tight
clearances considering existing dock infrastructure, including cranes, etc.
These are some of the projects that have been done by Altair
GRSE Dry Dock -1, 2014
L: 15m x W: 29m H: 15m - 6 nos
Telescopic Aluminum Box Beam Structure
GRSE, YM 2015
Dry Dock (LWH): 20m x 34.5m x 23m – 4 nos.
Inclined Berth: (LWH): 20m x 29m x 23m – 3 nos.
22.0W x 34.5m H x 25m L Slipway Covers
Installed on Slipway with Declivity of 1:27
Raja Bagan Dockyard
L: 5m W: 18m W x 10m H
Specialized Lift & Shift Structures
Retrofit of cantilevered 3 Rail structures on service gallery.
Floating Dry Dock fitted with Mobile Shelter (fabric roof to be installed later)